I'm feeling quite sentimental. Today I'm thankful for touch. You know, hugs, holding hands, holding kids on my lap while I read them a story. Seeing old couples hold hands as they walk down the street. Giving my honey a squeeze before he walks out the door to work. It spells comfort and love to me.
Today as I laid my baby down for her nap she wrapped her little arms around my neck and laid her head on my shoulder. Uncharacteristically, she stayed there. Normally she is so busy she just wants to go, go, go and see new things! Today, she sat. I loved every single second of it. I held her for a few minutes, standing in her dark bedroom, thinking about how much I love and treasure my sweet girl and my great kids. Sadly, I was the first to let go since the two-year-old downstairs was starting to call for me. But I am still grateful for those sweet, tender moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment