Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Its the little things that count.

Did I mention I'm grateful for great friends?  The ones who come work out with you, who inspire you, who motivate you, who help you watch your kids.  The ones... wait, oh yeah.  I did already.

On to the next item.
Raman Noodles.
Go ahead. Laugh.
But my one-year-old, previously fantastic eater, has turned on the picky-eater gene.  Foods she previously loved she despises.  Delicious foods don't appeal.  Case in point: her cupcake for her birthday was eaten as follows: bite - spit. bite - spit. bite - spit.  I'm not sure she swallowed any of it.
Hence.  I love raman noodles. She loves them. Devours them. Does not throw them on the floor or spit them out or dump her bowl.  Not to mention its as cheap as dirt and I can throw eggs, peas, and corn and there sneakily.  Ha.  Got your vitamins anyhow.  Thank you inventor of Raman.

I am also terribly grateful for music.  Good music.
Guy has been listening to the scripture mastery scriptures put to music.  Genius idea to the "Sons of Ammon."  I've known for a while that my children respond well and learn quickly through music.  Since they're bound to learn lyrics,  they might as well be learning scriptures.  Its working!  Guy has surprised me by randomly singing scriptures I had no idea he knew.  Its a beautiful thing- and yes, I might be bragging and slightly biast.  Even better, Eddie girl is picking up tidbits.  I've been trying to play uplifting, good, upbeat, good music in the mornings to help us start the day off right.   All in all I love, love, love good music.