I may or may not have missed more than a few days.
Let's catch up.
1) I love Thanksgiving. It might seem a bit silly to be grateful for Thanksgiving.... too bad, it's not your list. I love Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday. Why? Family, food, potatoes, chiffon pumpkin pie, a day where you go around saying grateful things, more family, even more family, and more pie. What a great day.
1.5) Even though I love a good deal, I am NOT thankful for Black Friday, and I am NOT grateful to see it creep in on Thanksgiving time. People trampling others for the "deal of a lifetime" does not have to END someone's lifetime. It's outrageous. I probably made 12 more enemies. Sorry to all you who love it... I don't.
2) I love traditions. Today we ate pumpkin pie, played Manheim Steamroller, and set up the Christmas Tree. Granted, I was a tad short on patience what with lights not working, King's two trips to Lowes, a messy house, toddlers running everywhere, outbursts of crying, and a one-year-old taking things OFF the tree faster than we could put things on... but still. I love putting up the tree. Every time I turn on Manheim I feel like I'm nine, sitting on the carpet in my family's living room, filling my little body full of music and letting my imagination run wild. Maybe I should try that as an adult, I bet my kids would love it.
3) I am grateful for organization and cleanliness. I know those are choices and habits- but still. We were trying to deep-clean (aka seriously dust) the living room today which led to me unloading half the book cases, sorting through books, re-arranging shelves etc. It took the ENTIRE day what with the Christmas set-up, phone calls, visitors, nap-time, salesmen at the door etc, but now that it's done- it feels GREAT. Even if the casual observer can't tell a difference, I can. It helps to have control over one tiny detail in my surroundings. I have been working on happy attitudes with toddlers for MONTHS with no avail, but one day with my bookshelves and they are in line!
4) I am grateful for pumpkin chiffon pie- this is not the same as Thanksgiving. It's just something I love.
5) I am grateful for the internet and pictures. I just checked facebook and blogs and feel like I just saw my sisters' homes and kids, even though it been months. That, to me, is a miracle. It doesn't feel the same as a real visit, a hug, and a pop-in-and-say-hello, but it is nice and somewhat comforting all the same.
Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment