Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Details

I'm having a hard time finding something original.  Every time I think of what I'm grateful for, the obvious come up- again and again: King, my kids, my family, great friends, my nice home, food, king, my kids, my family... you get the idea.
So lets be more specific. 

1) I'm grateful for Rembrant Canker Sore Toothpaste.  I'm allergic to the foaming agent in regular toothpastes (sodium llauryl sulfate) and after lots and lots of searching- I've found a toothpaste that a) yes, costs an arm and a leg yet 2) doesn't taste like baking soda and  3) is nice to my mouth!!  I grew up with constant, constant canker sores.  I'd almost always have one, if not two, three or even thirteen (seriously!).  I'd heard everything from, "brush more!" to, "they're cold sores," to,  "it's just you."  Thanks helpful people.  Turns out those weren't accurate assessments.  When my uncle was in dentistry school he saw my mouth complete with several canker sores and a giant one to boot- he took a picture and sent it to a professor who quickly suggested taking away normal toothpastes.  Genius.  I need to find out who that was and send him a note!!  The extra cost for toothpaste is definitely worth the mostly-pain-free mouth.  It turns out all that extra brushing all those years were just making it worse!  I still get cankers (especially when my children whack my head/mouth with their little heads when sitting on my lap!) but they are MUCH fewer and far between.  Hence, I'm grateful for different toothpaste.

2)  I am grateful for popcorn.  Salty, somewhat healthy (as in its not full of sugar), quick, and delicious.  I love you, yummy snack.

3) My cousins.  I have a TON of cousins.  On my mom's side alone there are... 47? Is that right? I might have missed some.  That does NOT include their spouses, their children, or my siblings.  If you count everyone from Grandma and Grandpa down there are over 100 of us!!  I grew up with built in friends, buddies, companions, shoulders to lean on etc.  I love, love, love my cousins! Last night I got to play games with a cousin and her husband and I LOVED it.  I'm not sure how I got to be so lucky!

No comments: