Sunday, November 18, 2012

Food

I love food.  Really.  Not a huge variety of it... but the stuff I like... I LOVE.  My favorites are all things Italian: pasta, noodles (uh.. pasta), LASAGNA (also a pasta), french bread, garlic bread, most Mexican food: tacos, taco salad, burritos, chimichangas, American food: steak, roast, potatoes, chicken, salads, breakfasts foods of ALL kinds, baked goods of all sorts: cookies, cinnamon rolls.  That was not a real sentence.  Far too many commas, colons and a run-on-list. Sorry.
Why am I listing food? I'm making myself hungry.
The point is, I have so much.  Besides voluntarily fasting, I have never been TRULY hungry- and I'm not even sure going 24 hours without food qualifies us as HUNGRY.  I'm grateful I have food in my fridge, my freezer and the pantry is stocked.  I'm grateful I don't have to worry where the next meal for my children will come from.  I'm grateful for healthy food that keeps us feeling great!  King and I recently ended a a month challenge: no sweets.  It about killed me.  Really.  But it made me more aware of how the food I eat affects how I feel.  I ate a bowl of ice-cream last night and thought it was terribly sweet!  I don't think that had ever happened to me before!  I can honestly say I feel better and (after two weeks) crave sugar less than I did a month ago.  I'm grateful my biggest addiction is to baked sweets and for the counsel of the Word of Wisdom.  I have a pretty sweet life.  No pun intended.

No comments: