Friday, April 2, 2010

Geriatric Problems.

Hearing loss. Bad knees. These go hand in hand with getting older right? What about popping ankles? I'm a bit young to be creaking at the joints. Haven't hit a quarter century yet people. So why do my ankles (right one in particular) insist on sounding like the rice crispies commercial. *Snap, crackle, pop! Remember?
This happens at the MOST inconvenient times. Case in point. Just spent 20 minutes soothing a fussy baby to sleep. AND I got her to miraculously stay asleep as I transferred her to her bed. I turn- oh so proud of myself - to sneak and tip-toe away when *CRACK*. Thank you ankle.
Yes, baby stirs, and I return to her bed to pat her back and soothe her back to sleep.
Other instances include trying to sneak downstairs so King and I can watch a movie while brother falls asleep upstairs (he gets out of bed if he thinks we've left our post outside his door), walking down any flight of stairs- especially noticeable in extremely quiet places like the Temple. In fact, I had one kind, elderly, temple worker mention one day as we made our deafening descent down the stairs, "One of you is creaking." *Note, she may have said popping. Oh dear.

1 comment:

Sarah W. said...

My ankles do the exact same thing! I just figured it was a weird quirk about my body, but now I'm suddenly paranoid that I'm getting old because I'm older than you..... ;)