So, another project has been under way lately. At first I tried to keep a secret from King (since it was his idea) but that went down the day one not so great day when it was still out on the kitchen table when he came home from work. What is it? A clothes drying rack...
See?
Just one more piece of hardware needed (I'm spray-painting it so its not gold anymore) and then we'll hang it on the wall. The next sentence is a bit shameful, but it was harder than I thought! My knobs aren't quite level (though I measured more than once!), my rods are all different sizes (measured those lots too!!!... and yet.. we still had to put screws in the side) and the paint job (3 layers later) is still not professional. But, I'm not as humble as I should be. I think its great! I think, "TA DA! I DID THIS!" I get kicked right back into being humble when I think of Dad. He builds what??? Houses. No big deal. So, Dad, you are amazing. Hats off to you. No laughing at my project and my new-found love of power-tools.
See?
Just one more piece of hardware needed (I'm spray-painting it so its not gold anymore) and then we'll hang it on the wall. The next sentence is a bit shameful, but it was harder than I thought! My knobs aren't quite level (though I measured more than once!), my rods are all different sizes (measured those lots too!!!... and yet.. we still had to put screws in the side) and the paint job (3 layers later) is still not professional. But, I'm not as humble as I should be. I think its great! I think, "TA DA! I DID THIS!" I get kicked right back into being humble when I think of Dad. He builds what??? Houses. No big deal. So, Dad, you are amazing. Hats off to you. No laughing at my project and my new-found love of power-tools.
2 comments:
I AM IMPRESSED!! I think you have a big reason to be proud of your work!
Me too! I love the colors you chose. Will you hang it in the back toom?
Post a Comment