We've had some birthdays! Two to be exact! Documentation was never my strong point.
We actually decorated! Thanks to some darling bunting my sister gave me for Christmas! It's amazing what two strands of bunting can do to my lack of decorating skills! I'm now a pro!
We even hung a festive little sign (which we left up for two weeks). Why decorate twice? It was cute!
Amidst all the festivities we got a LOT of snow. We have had several big storms followed by nasty pollution. This was one of the clear days right after a storm. Check out how much snow was on our mailbox! King's been shoveling, and shoveling, and shoveling, and shoveling...
Back to the point. Birthdays!
Millaker seemed oblivious to the festivities. She was grateful for the the extra company, the cake, and extra paper to tear.
Eddie got some books- which are her FAVORITE things. She read, read, read, and had grandma read them again and again. Thanks grandma and grandpa!
Amidst all the excitement we forgot to give Eddie OUR gifts. We'd already put her in bed when we realized this fact, so we got her back up and brought out the gifts. Oops. Bad parents.
King has much better pictures on his phone of her- I promise to post them as soon as I download them.
I can't believe this girl is three! She is very, very proud of that fact! Three means lots of things. three is being a very kind sister who loves to help Millaker (whether or not that help is wanted). Three is loving to go get things for mom and be my helper. Three (and one, and two for this girl) means she NEVER tires of books and would read them all day with me if I had the time (see above).
Oh, how we love our Eddie!
Tangent: We have had LOTS of friend over the last few weeks. The kids have LOVED it!
Then came King's Birthday! I think Guy had more fun giving Dad presents and watching him open them than any one else. Its fun to see the kids really get into a birthday! We put trick candles on King's cake this year, which guy thought was a RIOT. Who knew trick candles could be so funny.
King has reached the ripe old age of ... I'd better not say.
He is a wonderful, wonderful dad!
He wrestles with the kids, plays knights and princesses, pillow monster, tag, the "tickle game" and the kids adore him. Millaker in particular will SCREAM in delight the moment dad gets home from work! She can not get enough of her daddy!
And though I may be slightly biased, King makes the most wonderful husband. He has done more than his fair share of housework lately as I've been under the weather. He helps make meals, clean house, take care of kids, and all while he's in the midst of his busy season at work. We love, love, love, our Daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment