Monday, February 4, 2013

From the Mouths of Babes

This was written months ago- right after the said conversation happened.
I've waited months and months to post it (for obvious reasons).
Without further adieu:

Eddie didn't know King and I have been discussing- as in last night discussing- our family.  The size, the timing, the pros and cons of having kids close together, my sanity etc.  She couldn't have known.  She was sleeping.
Yet this morning she climbed on my lap with a library book and said, "We don't have enough kids."  I wasn't paying attention.  She said it louder.  "We don't have enough kids!"
"What?"
"WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH KIDS!"
"Oh, we don't- do we?"
"No."
"You think we should have more kids?"
"Yes."
"When should we have more kids in our family?"
"Thursday."
"Would you like a little brother or a little sister?"
"A little brother."  Does she know I think our next baby will be a boy? Does she know how heavy this has been weighing on my mind?
I guess so.

Does she know there were STONG promptings for baby 3 (Millaker) regarding her need to come to this earth THEN! NOW!  Probably not.  Does she know there were simmilar (yet less severe) promptings for this baby.  Along the lines of, "Your timing isn't right."  That seemed like an open-ended prompting.  Especially since I thought my current plan about timing was Perfect.  Capital P Perfect.  Probably not.  But someone else new and needed I needed all the reassurance/confirmation/persuasion I could get.

No comments: