Eddie has a bear. She has affectionately named it, "Baby Bear." It goes with her all around the house and waits patiently inside the door for us when we have to leave. Occasionally he is even snuck into the car...
I digress.
Eddie LOVES Baby Bear.
"Mom! Help me dress Baby Bear?!"
"Mom! Baby Bear wants to watch us eat!"
etc.
The other day, Eddie and Guy were playing in the basement when I heard a scream. A "I'm hurt" scream. Guy loudly called up that Eddie had fallen off the toy horse. As I went to meet her half way she came yelling!
"Where are you hurting?"
"Baby Bear! Baby Bear hurt his face!"
?
"What?"
"Baby Bear hurt his face! When I fell off the horse!"
"Oh. I'm sorry, Baby Bear. Are you hurt, Eddie?"
"No."
Instantly the tears were off and she hopped back downstairs to play.
... uh.... I'm glad you have empathy?
2 comments:
That is hilarious! Poor Baby Bear. That had to hurt.
Has it been Baby Bear's birthday yet? Some of our lovies are probably in their 30s by now. :) It is fun to have a "fake" birthday party -- very low stress.
Post a Comment