Saturday, July 9, 2011

Things I should have posted about by now...

I've been busy- AND I've been taking pictures.
I just haven't downloaded them, or looked at them, or edited any, or written about our fun times, or, or, or...
So in a VERY small nutshell, here's the last month or so of our lives:
Numero Uno:
Our trip.
Leif and I dropped the kids at my mom's and took a long-awaited trip by ourselves! I believe its a first for us since we've had kids!
First we drove up to Logan, ate great food and went to the temple. Next we headed to Jackson Hole, went white-water rafting, went to see the Bar J Wranglers, window-shopped, and ate more great food. Then we drove to Cokeville, went horsebackriding, ate good food, and finally came home after 3 days away. Ahh. It was so much fun! I think I gained 10 pounds that trip alone.. Pictures to come...maybe.
Dos:
The busy weekend.
The weekend after we got home was extremely busy. Family was moving out of our house while we skipped on the work and went to a sealing of a Rowley brother. He and his wife finally got to adopt a precious little boy! We had a family day at the zoo, went to the sealing the next morning, had great meals and good times, and some family pictures. Again... hopefully you'll see some proof soon.
Thres:
The 4th of July and the balloon launch.
The following Monday was the 4th of July. We took Brother and Sister to the annual balloon launch in Provo. Seeing that brother LOVES hot-air balloons, this was a BLAST. We got to stand in the middle of the field and watch them blow up the balloons all around us and then watch them all take off! The rest of the holiday was spend doing...
Quatro:
Projects around the house.
What did we do? King and my dad installed a water filter- since nobody likes the taste of our water! Six dollars later I wondered why we didn't think of that idea 3 years ago! Brother moved to his own room, complete with a big bed! And we organized and cleaned throughout the house!
Finally:
5 years and counting!
King and I have officially been married five wonderful, wonderful years! I can hardly believe its BEEN five years! Considering that some people on our trip thought we were young enough to BE newly weds, we must have looked like infants then! We sure have learned a lot about ourselves, each other, and life since we've been married. I'm grateful for King EVERY DAY of my life. He. Is. Wonderful. Not only is he the given: wonderful husband, wonderful dad, but he is a kind soul. He is a hard worker. He is a faithful, true, holder of the Priesthood. He loves God. He puts others first. He is teaching me to be patient with others! He is serving others CONSTANTLY. He is incredibly patient with me! He is so helpful around the house and with the kids- even when he's pulling long hours at work (like he has been!). I love him so very, very much. Last night to celebrate we took the kids to their (and my) first drive-in movie. Double feature: Cars 2 and the green lantern. The first was good, but green-lantern is nothing great. Oh well. That's completely irrelevant to the topic. We had fun piling the pillows in the back of the van, eating popcorn and licorice, and hanging out together. A distant friend of ours passed away earlier this week leaving a wife and two young children. It has really made me think about how wonderful my life is. How much I take for granted. Our health, each day and activity together, the fun times we get as a family, etc. I am so thankful for my wonderful little family. None of this would be possible without my wonderful husband.
Cutting the sappy short- my youngest is howling because she doesn't want to nap... I should go check on her.
See ya!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Great post! Can't wait to see you guys!

Lisa said...

Your trip to Jackson sounds like a blast!
Six dollars, eh? I think a water filter might be a good idea...