Thursday, July 21, 2011

Stubborn

I was talking to my sister yesterday about how 3 year olds seem exponentially more stubborn than 2 year olds. (Does anyone else have that problem?) They choose when they'll listen, when they'll be potty trained, when they'll be happy, sad, clownish, or good etc. (In other words, we have good days, and we have crazy ones...)
She came up with the worst come-back ever. "Sound familiar?" (That's what she said. Ouch.)
So then I thought, was I REALLY that stubborn? I don't think so! I don't remember... but then again, I've been accused of having temporary and selective memory.
So now I'm trying to remind myself of that sadly-probably-true line from a wiser one than I. "Sound familiar?" And when the three year old ignores me in preference of his favorite toys or playing swords, I chant in my head, "sound familiar?" And when he doesn't want to take a nap because he's "not tired" I tell myself, "sound familiar?"

Are we sure it was me who taught him to be so stubborn...?

2 comments:

Lessa said...

Remember that one time when you locked me out of my room to make my bed or that one time when we fought over who got to purchase the hot pocket in the vending machine for ME to eat? Hahaha. Sure love you, Christy Lou.

Leith said...

HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Sound Familiar?