Monday, August 15, 2011

Whirlwind

I'm cheating and basically copying my family email. The lack of any humor and wit is due to a lack of brain cells and energy. Why am I so tired? Read on.
Hey family (and anyone else who reads this...)
I keep trying to think of interesting things to say... I'm drawing a blank. So in boring form- here's our last week, or month, or so.
1) I am home from: A reunion, girls camp, and a week at Mom's visiting! King also got back from the same reunion, scout camp, and then another week of meetings for work in San Antonio! The temperature during the day was something like 107 all week. Blah. I'm so glad he's home. If you're wondering, the reunion was awesome. Great food, great company, great planning, great time. The we
ather cooperated and we borrowed an air mattress so camping for three days wasn't bad. The river went down so I didn't have to panic QUITE so much about my kids accidentally drowning when I turned my head. All were safe and much fun was had. Girls camp was a riot. I really can't explain all that went on. We stayed at a home next to Bear Lake- it was more like Girl's Retreat! We had GREAT food, lots of entertaining skits, service projects, scavenger hunts, time at the lake etc. Scout camp-as far as I've heard- was good- I just don't know many details. King headed to meetings while I visited my sister. She's in town from Thailand of all places- so it was GREAT to see her!
2) Grandma had a cousin get-together and dinner Monday evening so we drove down. My sister helped organize a lot. It was great food and great company. We ate and played games. Nothing extraordinary- just extraordinary people.
3) Sis and I went to Thanksgiving Point Tuesday with our kids (and her sister in laws kids- whom I also know and love). I should post pictures on the blog.... after a Sunday afternoon nap. My two kiddos loved riding the horses and seeing the animals. A's little boy loved it so much he k
ept saying, "I'm on a horse." for about a minute straight. No joke. "I'm on a horse, I'm on a horse, I'm on a horse..."
4) We went to the my sister's inlaw's pool this week and Brother discovered freedom in a life jacket! Until that day he'd only put his face in once- once he discovered the life jacket REALLY would hold him up (and after having me by his side for a few minutes) he was jumping off the diving board, off the side, going down the slide etc. It was fun to see his happy grin and exuberance!!!
5) We visited with Mom and J a bit more and then came home to our house. We sure have been gone a lot the last 2-3 weeks. Brother asked, "Are we going to our house? Can we stay there lots of days?" Sure thing, Bud. (To which he replies, "My name's not Bud! It's ... !!")
6) We got another sister's package in the mail! She made A and I matching blankets for our babies (since they're coming within a few months of each other!) This wil
l be a first for my kids - to have a cousin on this side close in age!! The blankets can be girl or boy- blues/turquoises. I love it!! You've got talent A!
7) King is home, our house is clean, I have MOST of
my piles from before reunions and camp picked up!! And I even reorganized a couple cupboards to boot! I love organizing! Ahh- so nice. I'm trying to get things organized to start joy-school in just a few weeks! I think Brother will love it and I'm so excited about the curriculum and the kids!
8) We had two Rowley families over for dinner and games last night. It was fun to have them here. I love that we have enough space to entertain and the kids can play downstairs while we play in the dining room (and can still hear what they're doing!). I love that they can play out back and I'm
not too worried about them! Leif grilled up great chicken and everyone else brought sides then we made monkey (apples included) bread for dessert. Delish!
Well- now that you read that dull report. I'll see if any wit comes back after I nap!!
...
After said email, I got a nap!! And still no wit...
And THAT is our whirlwind of a life the last few weeks
. Thank heavens for settling down!
PS: We had family pictures taken with the Rowleys! I think
they turned out great- even if Little Lady won't smile for the camera!

No comments: