Friday, February 20, 2009

Compromises

Compromises are very... interesting around our house. I used to think they were a two-way thing. You know, I give a little, you give a little. Here's how they go now.

Me: Son, no more pulling things out of drawers and scattering them around the bathroom.
Son: Ok, then I'll yell about it.
Me: How about you play with your toys right next to you while I just brush my teeth and comb my hair.
Son: No deal. I get the drawers, or you get nothing.
Ok: We'll compromise. I'll get ready, and you destroy my bathroom. Deal?
Son: Deal.

We have similar conversations about cupboards, plants, shoes, and stairs about every other minute. Who's running the show here anyhow?

4 comments:

Ice-Cold Goat's Milk said...

Just so you know this is Rebekah, not my mother, Rebekah.
Hyrum is SO cute. That comprimising thing is very cute.

Amy said...

I love it. You are so right.

Brian and Baely said...

I hear ya! I added you to my blog list, if thats ok?!

Amanda said...

You totally captured it perfectly. I know exactly what you mean. Those kids just have us under their little thumbs, huh.