Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dreaming

I've written a 30 before 30 list.  You know, a list of goals with a deadline (getting ever nearer!).  On that list is to write a children's book- not published- for my own children.  We read piles of books around here.  My favorites to read are by Bill Pete, Sandra Boynton, Shel Sylverstien, and Dr. Seuss.  They would make a dream-team if you ask me.  I hardly ever tire of them.  You know they're getting to you when you start dreaming in rhymes. Seriously.  But, oh! I'd love to write a book that children would LOVE to read! That would make them (and their parents) giggle and want to read another one!  There's not a point to this post other than to make my goal known so I have people to be accountable to.  Check.
So there. That's done.  I've said my fair share,
Now on to writing while there's still time to spare.
Let's get the brain going, start the cogs and the wheels,
... and perhaps polish up on my mad, rhyming skills.

1 comment:

Janene said...

Go for it! I have some childrens books in my head too...