Thursday, September 13, 2012

A is for Alchohol.

We're working on letters around here.  Guy has them down pat.  Eddie- not so much.  We've been singing the Leap Frog Alphabet Sounds song (who knows what it is REALLY called...).  Yesterday while prepping leftovers for dinner- aka tossing them into the microwave- we were singing this said song.  "The A says "aaah." The A says, "aaah." Every letter makes a sound, the A says, "aaah!""  The song continues- and would have- had Guy not interjected, "A is for.... Alchohol!" 
Me: What?
Guy: ah- ah- Alchohol! It starts with A!
Me: How did you think of that?! (We are a non-drinking family after all- aren't we?!)
Guy: King Noah was bad- so he probably drank alchohol!
Me: Um- I think it mentions something about that. Yes.  Moving on!  The B says "Buh!"...

You never know what they will say!

Speaking of which.
Eddie is proudly 95% potty trained.  This excludes nights which are touch and go- and right before bedtime when she mysteriously and miraculously HAS to go potty seven or eight times before she can actually fall asleep... grrrrr...
Some days she is the classic TWO and wants NO help.  Fine by me!
Other days she is the most dependent person on the planet and NEEDS help!
Yesterday she called me in the bathroom. "I NEED YOU HELP!"  So I came.
"Oh, do you want some help? I'll help you."
"Thanks, Mommy! You such a good helper!" All said in the exact tone I use with her with I'm trying to encourage good behavior.  Did that have a hidden meaning?

And since we're on the subject of bathrooms- can anyone tell me why babies (toddlers, kids) have SUCH a fixation with bathrooms?!  The SECOND that door opens Millaker makes a bee-line for the bathroom!  She just HAS to be in there.  The tub- the toilet- everything is fascinating!  This morning I was helping a soaking wet Emma (she was in the tub when she pronounced she just HAD to go!) sit on the potty.  I was busy focusing on keeping the two year old wrapped in a towel from falling in the toilet when Millaker rushes in and puts HER hands behind her sister RIGHT into the toilet! EEEEWW! GROSS!! MILL!!  Why can't her room hold such a sway over her attention?!

2 comments:

Leith said...

That Guy cracks me up. I had such a good laugh my sides are literally aching.

Lisa said...

Hilarious!