*Written Yesterday- to go along with our crazy night.
Now that you've seen what our crazy nights have been looking like, I need to tell you about our four year old.
This kid has an angelic streak. (And a stubborn one... but its much smaller.)
He has become the worlds best helper in the mornings.
Usually (3-4 times a week) he wakes up before me in a chipper mood. LOVE IT.
Since he's been banned from coming up to wake up Mom until 7 (hopefully I'm up by then, but if not it was probably a bad night so leave me alone!), he's taken up other activites.
These include but are not limited to:
Unloading the dishwasher. Side note: we've had to tape an arrow pointing to the clean "light." He's not allowed to touch the dishwasher unless that light is on. We've come down many-a-morning to a multitude of stacked dishes: all dirty. :D
Setting the table.
Getting everyone water (complete with straws).
Getting out cereal.
Pouring cereal. (Why don't I have photos of these?)
He occasionally will pull out ingredients he thinks I will need to make breakfast: vanilla, salt and pepper, cinnamon, bowls, and spoons to mix.
And this morning? He made toast. Eight pieces. Toaster setting: 2 (only gets them slightly warm- not fully toasted).
Did you catch that? EIGHT pieces.
Thank you son.
I'm glad everyone likes toast.
King discovered his helpfulness when he was preparing to walk out the door (I was still lying in bed in denial that morning had come so soon). He came back upstairs to tell me what Guy was up to prefacing it with, "Don't be upset- he's a good boy and is trying to help."
That is the beautiful part about it. He's truly trying to be a big
helper. And he is! What other four year old takes such an active part
in serving his mother so early in the morning? He is so kind to me!
King stayed a little later this morning to help him toast the bread
properly and made us eggs to go with it. (I have a wonderful husband!)
During breakfast, Guy noted my tired expression and jumped out of his
seat and came and kissed my arm. (He likes to kiss whatever body part
of mine is closest to his mouth. Sometimes its my arm, my shoulder, my
knee, my leg.) Not wanting to be outdone, Eddie jumped out of her seat
and came and kissed my elbow. I love it when he teaches kind things to his siblings!
He is a fairly patient boy and tries his hardest to mind. This is a difficult thing at four.
(Especially when his sisters are doing their own thing!)
He has the biggest stick and rock obsession on the planet. He wanted to include them in family photos. We obliged for a few.
All in all, four is great. He is a great learner, a great helper, and a great server. I hope four goes this well for the rest of the children.
*In case you were wondering- I slept a full eight hours last night with NO ONE waking me up. Bliss.



No comments:
Post a Comment