Sunday, March 4, 2012

Rambling

Nothing specific.  Just a thoughtful Sunday afternoon.
I've recently modified how I'm studying my scriptures and I've started writing in my journal again.  (Does that mean I'll blog less? Who knows.  It can't get much worse.)
And I've started making more concrete goals for myself.
Study.  So you miss school?  Study.  The scriptures are waiting.  There is lots of good literature around! (My new scripture study plan is helping...)
Laugh more.  Scold less.  Your children are funny and aren't TRYING to make more work for you.
Think more before you talk.
Exercise. Ouch.
Call/Talk to the people you care about more.  
Make home a nice place to be- where they'd CHOOSE... if toddlers got to choose that.
Take more pictures of my kids.
Play inspirational and just GOOD music more often.  My mom often played good music- I can still hum along to Enya and many Motab CDs thanks to the Sunday Morning music that always made the house feel better. I want this for my kids.
Look for opportunities to serve. Random acts of kindness.
Enjoy.
Like all my goals- most of these are far easier said than done, that doesn't mean I'm not trying, or that I forget or mess up or fall on my face.  But I can always try again.  Isn't that a beautiful thing?  I think so.

No comments: