Monday, March 21, 2011

What do I call this post?

I'm positive I've said I'll never endorse products of any kind. If I didn't say that here- I meant to.
Why?
1) The obvious. I say, "I love it." You say, "I hate it." Or vice versa. We all have our own opinions. I have better things to argue about.
2) I don't want to be held accountable when you come back and say, "But you said.... you loved/hated..." Don't take my word as gospel.

That being said.
I heart Ergo Baby Carriers.

My sister told me AFTER I'd gotten my Baby Bjorn Sport/Active (that I loved) how much she loved her Ergo carrier. She could carry her babies on her front, side, back. And it held them until they were 40 pounds. I tried it on. That's nice. But I have a new Baby Bjorn that was given to me by loving people. I'm fine.
And I was.
Baby #1. Great.
Baby #2. Great.
But baby #2 got bigger. And maxed out the 26 lb. carrier at 21 lbs. (She's a tad bigger than brother). Problem- this girl LOVES to be held ... all at the hardest moments: carrying laundry, cooking dinner etc. And the Bjorn only held her in front. Thus making juggling things around her body a bit harder.
All the while my sister continues to post pictures of her lugging her 2 year old around Asia on her back in the famous Ergo carrier of hers.
I broke down.
I sold my Bjorn.
I bought an Ergo on Ebay. Used.
And I love it.
Today I cooked a meal, and hauled laundry up two flights of stairs with sister tucked neatly, lightly, on my back. Breezy Peazy. So nice!! Sick kid? I still get two hands when I must have them. Tired and wants to be held when I'm cooking dinner? Check.
I tried to coax a smile from King by telling him how thrifty and nice on the budget I'd been (after selling the Bjorn first and not buying the NEW (I should have) on sale for $50. (If it happens again, I'm buying it and selling the old on ebay again. Not to knock my new Ergo- just sayin.). All in all I only spent $22. STEAL!!
So yes. If you asked me today if I'd endorse a product- I'd tell mom's with small ones.
Just buy the Ergo. You'll thank me one day.


I'll take a picture tomorrow. I hope to post it by next week.

5 comments:

Alyosha said...

I'M with you. The ergo was a lifesaver in New York. Zerah sometimes napped in it for two hours!

Amanda said...

I've heard good things about ergo. I'm not a big baby wearer, but maybe for the next one. Glad to have one more testimonial!

Amy said...

Hooray!! You forgot to mention that MARY still rides in the Ergo. We've now got two of them so we can have both kids in them if needed. I'm so happy for you. Being a mom is tough sometimes, so getting some great equipment is refreshing and rewarding.
Go ERGO!!

Anonymous said...

Love my ergo!

Janna said...

Yup. I vouch for the Ergo. Didn't discover that little gem until #3...and wonder what took me so long?