Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Things I need to write down before I forget.

In no particular order.
1) King. Bringing me home my OWN box of Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies was one of the nicest things you've ever done for me.
2) Sister. You did it! THANK YOU! Thank you. Thank you. THANK you. THANK YOU for FINALLY trying to communicate with something other than looks and screams. Months of trying to teach you to sign (while you look at me like, "yeah, right mom.") has paid off with ONE sign. "More." Ahhhh..... but its something. (I should add that you did it PERFECTLY the first time- not like an infant- which tells me you've had the capability and know-how for months now, and are just too stubborn to do it when asked/probed/bribed/pleaded...)
3) Brother. WOW! You have been cooperative lately!!! What a joy! I know I get easily frustrated with you and expect you to be 5 or 10, not three. You seem to take it in stride. I'm so proud of you. I love the way you break of the TINIEST piece of whatever you are eating to share with sister. Note- tiny means minuscule so "she couldn't choke, Mom!"
4) Spring. Thanks for showing up.... finally. I love you. I planted strawberries (thanks mom and grandpa) today in your honor. I hope some of them survive.
5) Nachos. When did you become so addicting? I love you too. Not as much as King. Or the kids.
Good night.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Excellent post Chris. I loved it.