Anyhow.
Funny/memorable things my kids have said that I won't remember in a week if I don't write down even though I should really be in bed sleeping...
1. Background: Brother loves the game hide and seek. I'd taught him before, but when King re-taught him the other day, it was all of a sudden WAY more fun. He's played it AT LEAST three times today. The second game we played for about ten minutes (with me trying not to smile when he'd say, "Mommy! Find me first!" ... There's no one else playing!) I was a bit tired and laid down on the couch. He wanted to play more, so I tried the lame line, "I'm going to hide right here. You go count."
"You have to have the blanket to hide. Don't you know that?"
Oh yeah.
2. Sister can say "hot, uh-oh," and has added to her repituare of ONE sign. She now has two. (Brother has decided signing is the coolest thing ever and always asks "How to say that with your hands." That is another story for another time...) Back to Sister's two signs. More, and please. She's also decided to consent that she has other body parts besides her fingers, nose, and belly-button. She'll now point to her hair, her eyes, and her ears. Progress.
She's also picked up the adorable habit of twirling her hair with her left hand while she sucks on her right. At this rate, by the time she's three she might sport bald patches and only eight fingers. The others will have been sucked off.
(PS: Yes, her hair not always this crazy... just half the time...I do try...)
2 1/2: Sister has a very delicate palate. Brother's is improving all the time... slowly. Sister turns her nose up at a meal one day, then GOBBLES the same meal down the next. One never knows what to feed her. Case in point? Tonight we made home-made pressure cooked beans. DELISH. So good. I thought she'd love them. She loves beans... No go. So we pulled out the corn so she'd eat SOMETHING. This is also a tried-and-true favorite. Nothing. So I mixed them. Vwala. Sucess. She at the whole thing... She might be a tad stubborn.

3. Random tangent. Why does it ALWAYS seem to snow on Conference Weekend. Uncanny.
Saturday we enjoyed the day listening to Conference and working outside with my parents. We even got a tad pink.
Sunday we woke up to 4-6 inches of snow.Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment