One of my goals this year was to run a 5k.
Let's preface that statement with: I HATE RUNNING. So, no. I'm not a runner.
Until this morning, the farthest I'd run in.... oh, ten years, was a mile and a half. Even while training for this monster (no giggling) I'd only run 1.3 miles. But our Young Women had a camp fundraiser and I thought, "Hey. It's a good cause. And if I run it now, I can stop running the rest of the summer!! ... or life."
So I did.
I ran next to a girl in my ward which was extra motivating. I was the instigator of all our walking though. Not to brag, but we did run at least 4/5ths of the time. Just towards the end we (I) needed a few walking breaks.
Our time?
Drumroll please....
30 min.
No laughing. It was great for me!
The down side is I'm already hobbling like I'm 90 and I'm sure the lactic acid hasn't finished setting in yet. Tomorrow could be really painful....
Maybe next year I'll pick a better goal.
7 comments:
Are you nuts? 30 minutes is a great time!
Good for you! Wasatch Back next year...
That's fantastic! I'm so proud for you. Watch out for Esther, she'll have you on the team next year. What fun.
Great job! Congratulations on achieving your goal! It's difficult getting into a new sport. I'm trying out swimming right now and I definitely have new found respect for you tough swimmers!
That is a great time! I love that you decided to do this for you goal. I hope you keep up the running. I promise it will get easier if you keep it up.
You should be proud of yourself! I did a 5k last fall and it took me 42 minutes. I have no desire to ever do it again. :) Good job!
I wanted to leave you a comment on the bag you made, but it's not showing up on your blog. It just showed up on my reader. But I think it looks awesome! I love it!
Post a Comment