First, however, you propped up Mr. Bear and made sure he was ok,
and then you took my hand and came to help.
And help you did! In ways only a two-year-old can. You ate pinches of sugar and brown sugar (while liking your fingers after each bite- not to worry, we washed them again!), helped "stir" with a wooden spoon and by holding the back of the mixer while I did the actual mixing. You even snatched dough from the cookie sheet, took bites, and then put them back- and all the while was my sweet, helping little boy. I could not help but smile as you grabbed a handful of flour out of the bowl to taste that as well. You didn't like it- and dusted your hands back into the bowl.... mostly.
You could. not. wait. to eat those cookies. You blew on them as I pulled them out of the oven and instantly wanted one. We had to go play primary songs on the piano to distract you while they cooled. You told me which songs you wanted to sing and played right along with me. I love playing with you!
Once you got a cookie, you popped the whole thing in your mouth (flat-handed push!) and were thus covered in gooey chocolate.
Not to worry- you like your hands clean, so you wiped them on the dishtowel. When I mentioned I needed to clean up the mess, you grabbed the same dish towel and proceeded to "wipe up" the floor on your own without me asking. The mess was really just spread- but just not seeing it (out of sight... out of mind...) and the fact that you wanted to help made it all ok.
Afterward you pushed your stool up by the fridge and started singing the ABC's by yourself. "A,B,C,D,E,F,G, H, I, K,K, L, .....uh,uh, oh, P! Q, R, S. T, U, V. W, X, Y and Z. Now I know ABC, next time... sing me!"
You are adorable.
Thanks for being so forgiving. Sometimes I get upset with your two-year-old stubbornness and curiosity, and then I'm reminded that you're only two, and you do so many wonderful things. You love to help. You love to sing. You love to play with sister. Yesterday you put all your toy trains on her chest and tried to pry her hand open to have her hold one.
You put your train tracks all around her chair and then looked at me and exclaimed, "Nice Brother!" Yes. You are a nice brother. You give her kisses, and hugs (squashes). You play peek-a-boo with her. You try to hold her whenever she is laying down or crying. You mimick my, "Come here, Baby." and, "It's ok, E."Thank you son.
Thankyou for being so loving and sweet.
Thank you for being my joy.
And help you did! In ways only a two-year-old can. You ate pinches of sugar and brown sugar (while liking your fingers after each bite- not to worry, we washed them again!), helped "stir" with a wooden spoon and by holding the back of the mixer while I did the actual mixing. You even snatched dough from the cookie sheet, took bites, and then put them back- and all the while was my sweet, helping little boy. I could not help but smile as you grabbed a handful of flour out of the bowl to taste that as well. You didn't like it- and dusted your hands back into the bowl.... mostly.
You could. not. wait. to eat those cookies. You blew on them as I pulled them out of the oven and instantly wanted one. We had to go play primary songs on the piano to distract you while they cooled. You told me which songs you wanted to sing and played right along with me. I love playing with you!
Once you got a cookie, you popped the whole thing in your mouth (flat-handed push!) and were thus covered in gooey chocolate.
Afterward you pushed your stool up by the fridge and started singing the ABC's by yourself. "A,B,C,D,E,F,G, H, I, K,K, L, .....uh,uh, oh, P! Q, R, S. T, U, V. W, X, Y and Z. Now I know ABC, next time... sing me!"
Thanks for being so forgiving. Sometimes I get upset with your two-year-old stubbornness and curiosity, and then I'm reminded that you're only two, and you do so many wonderful things. You love to help. You love to sing. You love to play with sister. Yesterday you put all your toy trains on her chest and tried to pry her hand open to have her hold one.
Thankyou for being so loving and sweet.
7 comments:
So tender and sweet. They do bring so much joy into our lives, don't they? Thanks for reminding me to enjoy all the little moments.
Thanks for making me cry.
I loved this post!
What a joy to read...I love the little moments that make life grand...and fun. Always charish these moments...Life is to short...
I just love you Christy!
You are such a great mom!!! I want to share that post with my parenting class next fall when we talk about enjoying all the little moments! that is so beautiful!
by the way this and the last post were written by Annaka.
Post a Comment