I'm only four weeks behind on announcing this...
I don't have a great nick-name yet for her on the blog, we'll call her Lil' (short for little- which is ironic, because she was my biggest baby, but at the moment, she's the littlest in the family).
I should specialize in run-on sentances chalk full of dashes and parenthesies.
This darling made her debut four weeks ago weighing a whoppin 7 lbs 4 oz.
She was 20 inches long and had a full head of straight hair. Our second child to have more than the classic "old man fringe around the edges."
I was induced four days early. Everyone do a heel click with me! I was ready to be done! But really, what pregnant woman isn't ready to be done after 39 weeks!
I'd been measuring small- which is very typical for me. After weeks of twice-a-week visits complete with NST's (non-stress-tests) and ultrasounds, they decided to just get her here. For a while they thought there was a growth discrepancy between the rate her head was growing and her abdomen, but that was no longer a concern. She was a pro at going HOURS with no movement until I had to poke and prod to even feel her. Eventually the Dr said, lets just get her here safely. No more waiting. Hallelujah!
She came out purple- and I didn't hear a sound. The dr insisted she was ok, but I watched as he unwrapped the cord THREE TIMES from around her neck and it took a moment before her color looked safe to me. I've never quite experienced a feeling like that- watching, waiting, and hoping a little life was here to stay. Her middle name references the goodness and generosity of God. That is EXACTLY how I felt after she was here safely.
Pretend I rotated this picture- because once its uploaded... sadly there is no rotating.... and its ten o'clock at night.
Can you tell he's excited?
This isn't a great picture, but it shows her dark, straight hair and I love it!
A month out, I can honestly say this girl is L.O.V.E.D. The kid might kill her with his over-abundance of tough love. The first time he saw her he walked up and poked her in the eye and said "BABY!" He STILL wants to poke her eyes every time he sees her. He is so sensitive to her needs and can't stand it if she cries. He is a man of few words (literally) but will yell, "BABY SAD!" every time she even whimpers. All the kids bicker over who's turn it is to hold her. Now that we are all well (remind me to tell you about how the Kid got RSV the week she was born and we stayed quarantined in my room for a week... and how happy King was to go back to work after the whole ordeal...), they ALL want multiple turns a day.
I think she is one of our calmer babies, though King isn't so convinced. If only he didn't see her primarily in the evening hours when she's not at her best... we'd have a better chance of convincing him. Welcome, 'Lil! you are loved!




2 comments:
Wahoo! Congratulations! She is so beautiful. How wonderful.
Christy, congratulations! She is beautiful (like all your children!). Nate and I are very happy for you.
Post a Comment