Truthfully, it's been going for months, but its finally down to a nice, manageable, number. That is, for most people.
T-6 (or is that T-5) days till the littlest Elder arrives. Despite my wildest hopes that I could be induced this week, celebrating the end of another legislative session with the end of what has seemed like a L.O.N.G. pregnancy, there are other opinions and things to consider, and the soonest I can convince my doctor to induce me is Monday. Although I'd really, really like to go into labor on my own- facing the facts, that is not going to happen till I'm 60 weeks along, and I make doctors nervous because I always, ALWAYS measure small.
I celebrated my small victory of not crying in front of the doctor when he said to wait one more weekend, and making it all the way to my car before I burst into tears with a phone call to King and an Andes Mint Shake.
I DO recognize that its a silly thing to cry over. Here I have four, healthy, beautiful, wonderful (and at times obnoxious) children. My body CAN have children, and they are all strong and well. However many times I tell myself this- at the end of EVERY pregnancy I falter- beginning to think that waking up as physically tired (not sleepy) as when I went to bed (thank you leg cramps), and the bruised right rib that every child in my womb has picked on, will simply never go away. I KNOW that the sleep will not drastically improve once a newborn is here, but the quality of sleep I get when I DO get to sleep will be far better!! And really, at this point I just want to HOLD my baby- with my arms, not my ribs. I want to be able to hold my other children on my lap rather than my knees. I itch to rid myself of cankles and a sensitive nose. So to boulster myself through the last few days, and distract myself from the last remaining days I need to fill with something positive and useful, I'm writing a list of the top ten reasons
WHY it is a GOOD idea for this baby to come MONDAY and NOT THURSDAY.
1) King has homework. Work has been crazy, and with King being sick a few days last week and getting behind, then missing class this week due to long hours on the House and Senate floors, he's got some catching up to do. What better time than BEFORE this babe comes- not after. He'll have time to just enjoy her and the other kids when he's caught up with no other distractions.
1b) Session will be OVER and done, and King can catch up on some missed sleep and won't have to feel guilty about missing out on his responsibilities.
2) The University has spring break next week- meaning King won't miss class!
3) We have a great weekend planned full of last minute errands, fun activities with the kids, baptisms, and cousin time.
4) One more Sunday at church! I NEED the rejuvenation I get each week at church- and since I usually don't make it back for a good MONTH after the baby, this is one more week of filling my spiritual bucket!
5) One last chance to go to the temple. The Temple has been closed the last few weeks, and I have just a few names left to do some work for. This gives me the chance to finish them, and like reason #5, get one more bucket filler for me. I know I won't make it back to the temple ANY time soon after having a baby- so this is to wrap things up, and to fill me up.
6) Grandparents schedules have been coordinated to take care of kids Monday and Tuesday. This is a HUGE help!!
7) I'll be a few days past 39 weeks, meaning there is no medical reason anyone can tell me NOT to have this baby. She will be fully baked and ready to come!
8) All our kids (with the exception of the Kid) have missed a neat birth date by one day. This baby will follow the trend. Just one day off St. Patricks day.
9) We still haven't settled on a name. Not that I think an extra four days will help, nor do I think we'll even get around to discussing it, but I'm trying to get to 10 reasons. It's a stretch.
10) Because that's what is going to happen. I trust my Dr (even when I don't want to agree with him) and I trust that the Lord has a plan. I'm terrible at waiting and being patient, but this will just have to do!

2 comments:
Yay! I really like this post. And good luck!
Chris! This is the first picture I've seen of your new place. Post more! Looks cute. As do you. You make pregnancy look good :) I am so happy she is here. Can't wait to hear what you named her :)
Post a Comment