Friday, January 31, 2014

A day in the life.

In case you were wondering what we do all day...

Sometime between midnight and 5 am:  get up to feed the baby.  Sometimes twice.
6:00 am:  First alarm rings.  Silence Alarm.
6:30 am:  Second alarm rings.  Silence.
6:31 am: Husband's alarm rings.  He silences it.  We both groan (if we're coherent).
6:40 am: We can hear the kids playing downstairs.  Roll over.
6:41 am: Baby cries.  Get baby.  Change and feed him.  Possibly change his clothes and bedding because he has soaked through.  Add soiled sheets to growing mountain of laundry.
7:00 am:

To be continued...

PS: I was going to finish this post to prove to myself in twenty years that YES! Life was this crazy!  But I couldn't figure out how to do this without sounding depressing.  I wanted to somehow document the crazy ups and downs and sleeplessness of new babies and lots of little kids.  Maybe with the next one I will...

1 comment:

Lessa said...

This is a cliffhanger... I need the rest of your day :) Also, you're lucky to hear your kids playing downstairs. I tend to just hear screaming from mine when they wake up. The angry calls of needing breakfast fast. Love you, Chris!