Wednesday, September 17, 2014

We still exist.

We do!  I promise!
I just don't write about it! 
Partly, I'm trying to keep my balance and stay nice and sane, partly because when I do have a moment to spare I don't think of the blog, and lastly, because when I do think of recording our day-to-day adventures... I'm a tad lazy.
But here's some things you need to know or that I want to remember about this season of our lives:
(Note: My camera broke, so pictures are complimentary of my sister in law who took family photos a few months ago.)

Having four kids is crazy.  Fun, but crazy.  I love the routine of the regular school-year.  I miss having Guy gone all day though.  It is strange to have him out of the house for so long.  It almost feels like having three kids- except during mealtimes and bedtime routine.  We miss him.  Eddie really misses playing with him!  She and Millaker are getting along better and learning to play, but deep down I think Eddie prefers to play with Guy.  She misses the old days.  In some ways I do too, but it is exciting to see Guy learn and progress!  He is reading so well, and it sounds like he is doing great in Chinese.  Granted, I don't SPEAK or understand Chinese... I just take the teacher's word.  Its fun to hear him relay words he's learned or things they do in class.  I think this is a great opportunity for him! I think a second language is a gift!  Guy is still doing soccer and LOVES it.  I think he loves it more and more with each passing game.  He will be sad when the season is over.  I think we'll enroll him again next spring- but we might have to wait and see how crazy next spring is...
This kid HATES sweeping!  When a "All-About-Me Questionare" was handed out for 1st grade, when asked what he disliked, he wrote in all caps "SWEEPING!"  Not his favorite chore.  Sorry, bucko.  He is a great help though!  He is getting better on the piano all the time.  I need to sit down and practice with him more and give him more lessons.... patiently!  I think he could really take off!  All in all he is a JOY.  He gets a bit emotional, but part of me things its partly a phase and partly a reaction to all the changes we have going on right now.




Eddie has started gymnastics at a local gym.  It's crazy expensive and wouldn't be possible if it weren't for groupon.  She loves it though.  She has a smile on her face the. entire. time.  (Which, if you know Eddie- is a bit surprising.)  She LOVES to think of things to do to help.  She's not so keen on helping if it wasn't her idea.  My mom pointed this out to me a few weeks ago- and boy is it true!  It has been the key to success around here lately.  I gently hint that I wonder what we could do to... (clean this room up, help the kid, serve....) and if she thinks of it- off she goes!  It's been fabulous!  She LOVES The Kid.  She is ALWAYS trying to pick him up, carry him, help him, feed him etc even though he is quite capable of doing all those activities himself.   She loves to pick her outfits for the day and is constantly in dresses.  I have reserved the right to pick outfits on Sundays and special occasions.  These days she mostly wears a purple, hooded, striped shirt, and a purple buttlerfly jumper. Combined.  Ah- childhood.  She likes to be boss and to talk about one day when she will be married and then be a mommy.  She is going to be such a great mom!
She is doing the UPSTART preschool this year and loves it.  I think it was a great fit for us this year.  She is starting to put words together and likes to go at her own pace.  She gets to do this preschool on the computer- which she loves.  I think she is going to LOVE Kindergarten next year- I can't believe she's only here with us full time for one more year!


 This turkey is two!  She walks around telling everyone that her birthday is right after Halloween and that she will be three!  She is right!  I can't believe it!  Her vocabulary is H.U.G.E!  I've never had such a talker!  She is so aware of everything going on around her.  When we drive in the car she is always pointing out tiny details of things around her.  Things I wouldn't even notice!  She is a watcher!  She also likes to thy to "help" The Kid- much to his chagrin.  She has the most winning smile and a love of people!  She always chases people out the door yelling, "I forgot to give you a kiss!"  Then she promptly runs to their leg, hugs it, and gives it a kiss- right where her mouth can reach.  It's adorable.  She has learned the phrase, "You're not the boss!  Mom's the boss" and tells it to just about anyone- babysitters, uncles, and siblings included.  What she actually thinks though is that SHE'S the boss.... not yet, kiddo!  She loves to try "nymnastics" too!  We put her in some trial classes.  No, she's not ready yet.  She runs around, not quite sure what to do or in what order, easily distracted by other toys, and beams the whole time.  I don't have the heart to pull her just yet.  Really, though- she would do better to wait a year.  She was always so disappointed that she had to sit and watch Eddie instead of participate herself... I guess it can't hurt.


 This Kid turned ONE!  I can't believe I didn't document it!  He is another fireball!  He's found his feet and he is a MOVER!  His current favorite object is a ball... or a toilet!  We have to keep bathroom doors closed around here!  I've found more than one object thrown in the porcelain throne when I thought doors were closed!  He loves to go, go, go!  Church is his bane- he has to hold still on our laps for so long!  I think most of 2nd hour is spent in the hall- poor King!  He loves his older siblings but HATES when the girls try to help him.  Hence, he's developed quite the piercing scream!  He is stubborn.  He CAN sign more (or his version of it) but prefers to yell at the table till we pick up the right food he is thinking of.  We are working on this!  He occasionally says Dada or Mamama, but really, he could care less about words.  He almost always has a smile on his face if he is walking around on his own.  He loves to THROW. EVERYTHING!  Food, bottles, sippy cups, toys, balls... you name it.  I think he's our future baseball player.  I guess he has potential for basketball- the kid is TALL!  98% for height!  Every time he stands next to another child his age I am suprised!  I forget he's tall!  He is so much fun to have around!


















Now a few things about us.  This is us now.  Well, a few months ago.  And life is so good!  King is extra busy right now.  Work asked him to go back to school for another Master's degree.  Boy!  He is busy!  We ended up getting another car so he could juggle the work and school schedules.  One car served us well until now- but its good he has this little car to help out.  The kids ADORE King.  They can't wait to shout "BOO!" every night when he gets home.  I think they miss this the nights he's at class.  I do.
We are making some big changes around here. First and foremost, we decided to add one last Elder to the mix.  We're not due till March- so we aren't sure the gender yet, but I think girl.  We'll see if my instincts are right.  This baby is not allowed to come early like all the others.  Between work, session (busy season), school, and family, King will be the busiest he's EVER been.  I'm sure I'll change my mind about that come week 37 or so, but for now- come on time!  Also, we decided that the opportunity for our kids to learn a second language in school was invaluable- and since we weren't in the school boundaries and couldn't guarantee the rest of our kids could participate unless we WERE in the boundaries, we're planning on moving in a few short weeks.  A part of me wishes it would fall through so I could stay in this house I love, this yard the kids love, this ward I love, and in a place where I am comfortable and surrounded by friends.  However, King and I both think this is right even with some accompanying challenges (I have to give up my nursery! Sad! And there isn't room for a trampoline... things like that.  Nothing major. )
(The look on Gid's face here cracks me up every time.)
 So between school, expecting a baby, and more-than-likely a move in just a few short weeks, our plates are full!  Full of good things, but full.  Wish us luck!  I am praying and praying for more faith, more trust.  Things WILL work out.  We ARE strong.  We CAN do hard things.  There ARE great people everywhere.  The Lord knows what He is doing, and He is in control.  I've just got to give UP some control.  Things will work out.







4 comments:

Lessa said...

A new baby?!?! Chris, this is so exciting! Congrats!

Amanda said...

SO good to hear about all that's going on! Congrats on the new baby and the move and all the changes and progress!! You're awesome!

Alene said...

Your family is SOOOO cute Christy! And you look amazing in these photos. Seriously stunning!

Congratulations on the baby! S/he is so lucky to come to your family! LYLAS!

Janene said...

I'm so glad you squeezed out a little time to write this post! You're doing such a great job with your family, Christy, I hope things are feeling really good in your new place :)