Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Birthdays

We've had a few birthdays around here.
1) An actual birth... and all of a sudden she's three months old!
2) Sister turned "three."  Not really- just two- but I'd like to see you tell her that.
3) King turned an undisclosed amount- to which my younger brother declares- he's almost fourty!  Not true folks, not true. 
While my keeping-up-to-date skills are sadly lacking- you need to know a few things about these birthday people!
1) The littlest is a joy.  She may have given us a run for our money the first few months, but she's learned to smile and she's learning to sleep.  Those two things make ALL the difference.  I'm so glad she's here- even if we don't get much done around the house or eat real breakfasts anymore.  Its worth it... and we'll learn.
2) Sister is a growing, learning, copying, independent girl.  I can only imagine what she'll be like as a young woman.  I hope she keeps her self confidence in her ability to do things on her own and applies her will to doing great and wonderful things.  She's learning more words by the day- mostly by imitating big brother and I think she enjoys hearing herself sing and talk!  She loves to "help people" and can frequently be found "helping" baby by putting the binki back in her mouth- whether or not she wants it or is even awake.





3) King is a noble, kind, wonderful soul who is often overshadowed in my mentionings (mostly because he's not mischevious or terribly spontaneous).   He is so fantastically helpful coming home from LONG days of work.  He jumps right in - delighting waiting children with games of chase, wrestling, story telling etc.  He is dearly, dearly loved.  (Pictures of him to come.... crying baby.  Part two... later...)

No comments: