OB: "How about Monday?"
Me: "How about FRIDAY!?
He's thinking about it. Not very seriously. He'd rather Monday- it's closer to my "official" 39 week mark (the one he changed from tomorrow folks). He's having me come in for my appointment first thing in the morning (instead of late afternoon) to check me. I think I'm going to bring in a list of reasons he should induce me tomorrow.
1) Monday is Halloween. She doesn't (and her mother doesn't) want to have a holiday birthday!!
2) I'm not sleeping. I say this and people think, "Well you won't sleep once she's here..." but they don't realize that when she's here- YES, she'll get up a lot at night, but then she'll GO BACK TO SLEEP- and I can sleep too- instead of toss and turn, or since rolling over seems impossible right now, wiggle and groan. I'm looking forward to SOME decent sleep- even if in short intervals.
3) It's a weekend. What better time for King? True, he can take time off any time- but weekends are such perfect timing. Belive me, I'd know. The last two have both been induced on Fridays or Saturdays. I think its becoming a tradition.
4) Should I mention its a tradition now?
5) WE'RE PAST 38 (and if you ask me- past 39) WEEKS! I'M READY! SHE'S READY!! WE'RE ALL READY!
6) All these contractions I've been having (one night: 2 hours: 5 min apart... then they stopped... arg...) are doing NOTHING. Dialated to a ..... zero. Still. Darn.
7) This should have been listed first: I want to meet and hold this little girl!!!
I guess I'll know by 10 am tomorrow what will be happening. Meanwhile, today we're cleaning, shopping, and working up a storm just in case I win this little debate. If not- the end is still in sight. Monday isn't THAT far away... I guess.
And here we are. Somewhere between the Dr's version of 38 weeks and my version of 39. In all its... roundness...


2 comments:
Christy, you look so great, especially for being 39 weeks pregnant! I hope everything goes smoothly for you this weekend!
You look tiny and cute! I've been having lots of contractions too. SLOWLY dilating, but nothing too exciting. At least you know you won't have to be pregnant that much longer, right?
Post a Comment