Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Failed Mother's Intuition

Anyone out there have spotty Mother's intuition.
It seems to me that if I hurry and rush my child to the Dr. there is NEVER anything serious wrong (like teething... seriously...). But if I try my best to treat what I see and wait things out, by the time I head to the Dr. one of two things happens:
Scenario 1) The fever/illness subsides the INSTANT I call the Dr. and then I'm left wondering if I should keep my appointment. 1/2 the time I show up and wonder how foolish I look.
Scenario 2) I go in, and it was something more serious I should have shown up for earlier. Like... scarlett fever. I'm currently apologizing to my daughter over that one. What I thought was eczema over-reacting was something quite different. Shows how well I'd do as a doc, ey?
Good grief.
I need my mothering instincts to hurry and reboot before baby #3 gets here!

No comments: