Monday, May 11, 2009

Pictures of DC

We had a GREAT week in DC. I'm promising pictures, but not necessary a full commentary. I'm not sure I can ever get the commentary quite right without something turning blue and linking to who knows what! I'll give it a go. If I stop... you'll just have to guess by the pictures what we did. Here's the only shot I got of the family who was nice enough to host us... not the greatest picture, as none of them are looking at the camera, but they are wonderful. Mason thought it was fantastic having three brothers for a week. In fact, he can now say, "baby!" due to the fact that they have an adorable four month old. He continuously followed the older boys around (especially the 4 yr old). It was hilarious!
On the rainiest day we visited the Smithsonians. They have some neat museums! Mason was lucky enough to hang out in his stroller most of the time - he's a bit too curious and touchy to be let loose in places like that.Some moments were better than others... we'll spare the picture of him crying.
What I really want to know is, how come the National Zoo is free, yet the Hogle Zoo isn't? Well, free might be a relative term. $20 parking.
(King is amazing at making friends and managed to get us two free parking passes. Go Team!)
He looked just like a man on a lazy boy with chips all over his stomach. I guess bamboo is good.
Of course, we went to see the monuments!
The ducks were this kid's favorite. They were out in the middle of the reflecting pool, and swam right over by us... and then jumped out. He loved it!



More later... I need sleep.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, Lincoln is HUGE! It looks like you got to a lot of exciting stuff in DC. Why were you out there?

Esther said...

Looks so fun! I envy anyone's visits to the East Coast!

Amy said...

Great pics! I'm so glad you guys went.
Hint: Just hit Return a couple of times and you won't turn anything blue or create a link. You can always delete the extra lines before you publish your post. There might be a better way to do it, but I'm not aware o it.

Lessa said...

I miss you. Seeing all the fun times you are having makes me miss you even more :) I love you and hope you're doing well.