StoneMason has some interesting perspectives on the way things work. For example, cribs are for playing peek-a-boo. He peeks over the edge and laughs at us when we put him down for a nap.
Exersaucers are for crawling under like a tunnel.
Binky pacification isn't only achieved through sucking. For him, it's all about how and at what angle he makes it go into his mouth. It's just as soothing (and definitely more fun) if you put it in your mouth sideways or even backwards
When our cell phones ring, we are sure Mason is thinking at least one of the following:
- "That sounds good. I bet it tastes good."
- "Who cares who it is, how about those lights and that music."
- "I'll get it."
Paper is many things for him such as the most terrific toy, a nice noise maker, a tasty treat, and great for origami (the cloud he made was amazing).
According to Mason, food can be used for eating, art work and spitting. My personal favorite is when he uses food (or at least our desire to feed it to him) to show us that we can't impose our will upon him and that he has a little will of his own. Mason and his gaping mouth will happily be devouring every bite of food we put in front of him and then all of a sudden, the mouth closes and his face gets serious. For the next few minutes there is nothing you can do, short of using your own two hands, to get that mouth open. Then, out of nowhere, he starts eating again.
1 comment:
Hey, I like the crawling under the exersaucer idea! I think I will teach Aiden that one!
Post a Comment