It seems like we've tripled our normal ammount of cuts, scrapes, and bruises the last few weeks.
To start with, I cut my head. I was talking on the phone and remembered something I wanted to find in the garage. I opened up one of the upper cabinets and the door caught the giant toddler carseat that was stored on top of the cabinet. I'm not sure how much that thing weighs, but when it lands on your head, it hurts!
I put my hand on my head and came away with a bloody palm. Wonderful.
The cut really wasn't that bad, but heads bleed. And having it right smack on the top of your head in the midst of longish hair, makes ones hair hard to comb. Yeah for ponytails.
About a week or so later, the Kid grabbed a newly opened olive can. In my defense, I had moved the can thinking, "That's sharp!" The Kid, however, moved the stool and tried to sneak more olives. The resulting slice on his finger ended that. I didn't get a picture, but it bled and bled and bled. It may have needed stitches. It didn't get any.
The very next day, Millaker was "swinging on the curtains" in the basement (or so she tells me). She somehow ended up hitting the brick fireplace mantle and split her chin. Initially I was able to put a bandaid on it. It looked deep, but wasn't bleeding too much.
A few hours later, when it had reopened twice, I was rethinking my bandaging. Maybe it needed stitches? Her big sister thought a bigger bandaid would help, and came out with this beauty.
In the middle of all this drama, we went to Costco. We were walking out the car when the Kid tripped. It was a TINY cut above his eye, but as we have already found out, heads bleed. His oldest sister was again the bandaid-finder and chose this beautiful thing to adorn his head. We went to costco looking like a bunch of rag-a-muffins.
Not to be outdone. Millaker showed me her arm during church yesterday. It looked like a TON of mosquito bites. They were itching her like crazy. Shortly after church the bumps were gone. Rash? Later in the day, some appeared on her stomach. Itchy. Then they left. At ten pm last night we heard her crying. She was itching like crazy. We plunked her in the tub for a soda bath only to discover that her whole body (atleast 50%) was coverered in a bumpy, red, itchy rash. Thanks to soda, calomine, and children's allergy meds (like benadryl), she was able to sleep eventually.
Anyone else want in on the fun?







No comments:
Post a Comment