Thursday, May 2, 2013

Name of the Game

It seems that this blog never gets caught up.  Either its sick kids, sick parents, sick kids, extra activities, extra trips, sick kids, or life in general.  That's the name of the game in motherhood isn't it? 
So although I wish I had documented some of this earlier, the mantra, "better-late-than-never" is holding true.  I want SOME documentation, whether it me one month late, or three of my children and the everyday goodness of our lives right now.
So.  If you hate pictures and non-sensical, not-necesarrily-in-order updates... skip this post.
If you don't, by all means, read on.
And for my children (who may or may not read these silly updates of themselves one day): I love you.

For starters, Guy turned F.I.V.E.  A while ago.  But, BOY, was he pleased to hit that number. 


  There must be something magical about five.  Some days he tells me, "Five-year-olds do that, or Five-year-olds don't do that!"  It's cute, except when he said that about drawing on the wall... and it turned out that it WAS him.  Too bad I was too mad to take a picture of it, because he really is becoming QUITE the artist!  He can't wait to start kindergarten.  I think he'll love it!




 Our sweet Eddie gets bigger and more helpful by the day!  She LOVES to mother her little sister (who, by the way, hates it) and always wants to help!  She gets quite put out when she can't help or do something!  She asks FREQUENTLY, if not daily, when the baby is coming and when the end of summer is! She tells me all the rules we've already gone over.  "I won't carry the baby- only mom and dad!  I can hold the baby if you help me!  We don't touch babies faces or they could get our germs!"  She will be a ROCKIN helper- I tell you!! Looking back through pictures, I don't have much of her lately.  I'll have to change that...
`

 Millaker is a wonder- or a tornado- and oh, so very cute.  I have a love-hate relationship with the stage she is at right now.  I love that she tries new things, explores, plays more on her own, and is jabbering away, but I hate that I can't understand WHAT it is she wants and can NOT keep her out of mischief for even ten minutes!  Here she is putting on King's tie.  She wore it as an accessory for a while while she tore apart his drawers.  She is oh, so very, very, very cute.  If not compliant. :D

 Here's proof.  She's taken the cushions off the kitchen bench and is walking back and forth with a delightful grin on her face.  If you could see the floor you'd see the MASSIVE pile of books and toys mixed in with the cushions she's brought along for the ride.




King is wonderful- although I also do not have many pictures of him!  He is a HUGE help when he gets home from work.  The kids LOVE to play, play, play with him and are quite put out if there isn't "sufficient" play time with dad before bedtime.

 He is a HUGE supporter of all my random, new projects.  This month's include starting to make bread, cloth diapers, homemade yogurt, and nesting like crazy.  Poor guy.  The bonus is he gets hot bread.  I tell you, there is nothing quite so lovely as bread that isn't a rock, that tastes GOOD.

A few bonus pictures.
These kids were being crazy- but its one of my favorite pictures.  Yes, that is a dog kennel all four of them managed to squeeze into. 
Don't ask.


And finally, SPRING is here!! And it is lovely!! I'll be forever grateful to the previous homeowners who planted a pluthera of perrenials!  Bless you!! I love all the color in the spring!




1 comment:

Adriane said...

1) I never blog. So, you rock!

2) Your kids remind me of my kids. You need to live closer to me ;) Or we just need to commute, or meet in the middle.

3) We've been sick sick sick too. I hate it, and I'm done. I wish I knew how to make that happen...

4) I like you lots!