Dad: How come you never update your blog?
Me: We see you all the time! You don't need updated pictures!! ... and I have three kids...
Dad: So you can do it with two, but no more blogs with three ey?
Me: ... uh...something like that...
Sorry.
In my defense!!!: 1) We DO see dad lots. 2) Three words: Weekly family email. 2.5) 90% of the people who read this blog GET the family email... 3) We're improving and the future looks bright! Why? We've hit a HUGE milestone around here!!! BABY IS SIX MONTHS OLD!! I don't know what about the first six months is so difficult for me. Oh wait, yes I do... mom doesn't get enough sleep. So my Dad won't panic that I don't like my children, I'll clarify. Newborns are cute. Extremely so. This baby number three is the smily-est we've had yet!!! And its a good thing too- because moms (me) are generally in a severely sleep-deprived, irrational state the first few months. But then little miracles happen. They learn to smile. They follow you around the room with their eyes. They coo. They get so excited to see you that their whole body lurches in the cute out-of-control way that babies have. Then they start reaching for you! Somewhere in this process they start napping for real!! And around five to six months we start to realize that we're sleeping more! AND ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING!!!
So, dad, here is your update!! We're doing good!! Life is great!! The oldest two are figuring out playing together. Still. Some moments are great, some I wonder if they plan on being best friends or mortal enemies when they grow up.
The good news is they are full of incredibly funny things to say. Its nice that Lady is finally a talker. Our favorite words for her are: Spot! (Now upgraded to, "That's MY SPOT!!" This is heard EVERY morning when the kids pile into our bed to wake us up!) SELF! Upgraded to, "Do it my my self!" This is also heard daily. Multiple times I might add. Brother is becoming a four year old comedian. He loves to play with words, rhyme, and in general is laughing about something he's said or trying to make me smile. He is a huge help with baby (who really needs a nickname here doesn't she...) and is always getting her a toy or playing with her. Although she CAN roll over, I fear she might never do it on a regular basis because brother will get her anything she needs as often as she needs it. We're raising queen number two around here!! Her big sister has already claimed the first title.
On a final note: we were sent THIS link the other day and it has become a FAVORITE of both the kids and myself. Lady constantly asks to watch "movie" and sing. This is what she's asking for. I find myself singing it around the house too...
No comments:
Post a Comment