Here's to catching up: But I should warn you, I'm in a rambling mood.
Firstly, (is that a word?) Christmas.
To make what could be an INCREDIBLY long post just about this holiday very very short- here's the nutshell version.
Building up to Christmas we attended or hosted a half dozen Christmas Parties. I wish I'd set the odometer on our car... I think we added a few hundred miles. Yet, like every year, we don't regret our "tour de family" and our mad dashes around the state all month. It was GREAT to see people. As a tradition, we always have a group of friends over for an eggnog tasting, white elephant giving, dinner eating, carol singing party. And, just like always, it was great.
Christmas day was a blast and a whirlwind at our house. Does that make it a winter storm (blast... whirlwind... get it... nevermind)? Having ten in the house keeps life exciting. We took some funny footage Christmas morning of all six kids in the kitchen literally bouncing off the walls and out of their skin. The older children had the two toddlers excited as all get out to open stockings and see what Santa brought them. Us Scrooge-like parents made them wait till EVERYONE was up and ready before they could single file into the big room (aka "Grown Up Room" if you ask Brother and cousin T). It was great to watch their excited faces as they opened Christmas surprises. I need to go raid Uncle T (King's Brother)'s camera to get more pictures.
My OCD side demanded we take down all Christmas decorations, declutter, clean, and attack the ever growing laundry pile before New Years, so my poor nieces and nephews might be wondering if I'm really part Grinch... maybe I am...
Next came New Years:
My mom and dad arrived home from visiting my sister in Thailand on New Years Eve. Since Thailand is on a COMPLETELY different time schedule I thought that MAYBE, just maybe, THIS would be the year mom makes it until midnight before crashing. (Did I mention my parents used to turn all our clocks ahead, let us celebrate early, and then have us in bed before 10... Well, they did.) Back to the story. Did we make it? Not quite. Mom, King, and I made it till.... ok, only 11 playing games. Dad had already crashed. We did vaguely hear all of our neighbors party and set off fireworks while we were sleeping though. The next day we spent time celebrating Mom's Birthday and making resolutions I'm trying not to break...
Now that January has started, it's birthday month! Two Brother's in Law, Lady, and King, (plus several cousins) all claim this for their birthday month. So far we've really only CELEBRATED Lady's. Again, I have awesome footage... and not great pictures. Imagine a yummy cupcake and pudding/cool-whip topping smeared all over her face though!
Another note on Lady, she FINALLY decided walking was a fine idea. She's been toying with the idea FOREVER. A few steps here, a few steps there... Two days after her birthday she decided she was confident enough and off she went. Interestingly enough- that is the EXACT day Brother decided to walk too. Hmm. Well, we're off for now. More later...
1 comment:
Wow! I can't believe she is walking! It seems like just the other day she was snuggled in her carseat at our home and unable to do anything but sleep.
Post a Comment