Sunday, January 17, 2010

Twice Blessed

So I've had a lot of down time the last few days... imagine that. What with the hospital, and then staying in bed most of the day... I've had a little time to think. Inevitably, I find myself thinking back to when child number one was born. What's been the same? What is different? How different these two children already are!! But I also remember feeling so overwhelmed, and so inadequate. (I didn't know how easy I had it with one!) Knowing this feeling is sure to come the minute King goes back to work and Mom has to go back to school, I've decided to be proactive and get my thinking oriented in a new way before I can (and will) feel overwhelmed. So, here's a pre-reminder to myself of all the blessings I have. I'm not just blessed, I'm twice blessed.
1. Little Lady came early.
2. King got to take a whole week off of work.
1. Little Lady is extremely healthy.
2. Mason has medicine and is on the home-stretch of getting better.
1. Little Lady is a GREAT sleeper- even through noise!
2. Mason can make all the noise he wants and usually does without me having to shush him.
1. Little Lady eats pretty good.
2. It's the perfect time to read or play peek-a-boo with Mason.
1. King has taken over the double role of bread-winner and bread-maker for the week.
2. Mom is came up several times this week so I could keep resting and adjusting.
1. Mason loves to say good morning to Little Lady.
2. Little Lady can't tell me "no" yet.
1. When Mason is having a hard time since Mom is holding baby sister AGAIN, he can come and lay on my lap and get a backrub too.
2. When my lap is too full and I'm hurting, its because I have TWO wonderful children who don't really mean to wiggle so much, and soon I'll feel better and be able to hold them both comfortably.
1. I can sleep at night... finally.
2. Except for when Little Lady gets up, but then I get to HOLD the reason I can't sleep.
1. I get the chance to develop more patience- really this is a good thing.
2. If I can't get up to help Mason do something I've asked, I get the practice of talking him through it and being patient.... I keep trying to tell myself this will be a blessing.
1. I have Mason, my fun-loving, energetic little boy to play with, teach, hold, chase, and fill up hours while King is at work.
2. I have little Lady to cuddle with (since Mason won't), and hold, and be reminded how close Heaven is.
1. King has a good job- though the hours will be long the next few months, we have a warm, safe house.
2. King is FANTASTIC at helping out when he gets home- we ALL love to see him!

2 comments:

Alyosha said...

I loved the part about getting to hold the reason you're awake. I forgot her name?

Sarah W. said...

I can come up any time you need help! I can leave school at 3:08. Just call please. I would love to help. Your kids are lucky to have such a wonderful mother!