
We got a bit behind. The keyboard dying along with being gone for holidays didn't help much. I wanted to finish with one more grateful post. Hopefully I don't stop mentioning what I feel thanks for - but this is the last official Attitude of Gratitude post.
1. King's work ethic. He loves to play (note the picture above), but knows when and how to work. He is not afraid to work, and work hard. He keeps things in such good perspective. He is good at helping Stone Mason work and clean up his toys. He doesn't complain when he comes HOME FROM work and I have more work for him to do. He takes out garbage, helps with meals, helps with cleanup etc all without complaint. I am so grateful for his help and could not keep going without it.
2. King's perspective. Nearly always cheerful and optimistic- especially when it comes to dealing with people. I tend to get pessimistic or annoyed, but he is always giving them another chance, or the benefit of the doubt. A people person if there ever was one.
3. My honey's sense of humor. I lack this. I think it was a Robinson trait- we're not funny at all. Good thing one of us is. Our kids won't be completely out of luck. Ask him to tell you a joke sometime- he and his group of friends have a collection of long, puzzling ones.
4. His thoughtfulness. King makes a special effort to take care of me- especially now that the little one is due soon. He helps with my shoes and socks, he carries heavy things, and chastises me when I overdo my day. He sympathizes and listens patiently when I gripe or come up with new inventions I'm going to create to make life nicer for pregnant women. He is wonderfully patient with me.
5. King himself. He is such a good dad and a good husband. Mason waits by the window for him every evening and RUNS to the door when he sees him. He waits by the bathroom door almost every morning until he hears dad turn off the shower. Then he knocks on the door and calls for daddy until he is finally let in. King wouldn't be very pleased with this post- he doesn't like it much when I brag about him, but of all the things I am thankful for, he is one of my greatest blessings. Knowing he doesn't read our blog much gives me a bit of reassurance as well.
3 comments:
We like him too. And now that you mention it, he robinsons really aren't funny. But at least you appreciate funny people. That's how I am too. :)
Yep. We love him too.
Thanks.
Post a Comment