
We had a great week last week. I'm finally getting the pictures onto the computer!! New Orleans was fun. It was interesting to see- even if its not a place I would normally visit. It was interesting to see the areas that were damaged by Katrina and some of the historic places. Above, we discoverd a new kind of soup... made fresh with titanium. Drake managed to scrub his ring off 3 times while cleaning of the BBQ shrimp from his hands. Speaking of food- that's probably what we enjoyed most about New Orleans. I ate on the more conservative side (as always) and Drake enjoyed everything I won't normally cook!

Here we are at the Super Dome in New Orleans. They had an "opening ceremony" for the convention. I think it was just an excuse to party. And no one can say they don't know how to party! The music was great (gospel and jazz) and of course entertainment was live. There was great food too. Everyone seemed a bit tipsy and loud thanks to all the free drinks they were handing out. Here we are standing in line waiting for a man to draw a caricature of us. Mason actually looked at the camera.

Happy Birthday to me. Drake was a doll and got me my favorite: cinnamon rolls and books. He made me promise I'd post some of these.

5 comments:
I have always thought Leif was a doll.
Sweet vacation,and the cinnamon rolls look tasty!
Happy "late" birthday!! But yes, those cinnamon rolls look way yummy!
What a cute kid! And mom and dad are fine, too.
Sounds like a fun trip - I've thought New Orleans would be an interesting place to visit.
Hope we can see you guys and meet Hyrum in a couple of weeks!
Awesome candle.
Post a Comment