Kid,
If I don't record some of the things you've said and done recently, I'm sure I'll regret it.
You are my most rambunctious, stubborn toddler yet. And that is saying something.
You have a DEFINIATE opinion on how most things are done. You are sweet, loving, and fun one minute, and a raging fit the next.
And you say funny things.
Today at lunch: I'd told you I'd make you nachos AFTER you ate your three baby carrots. Ten seconds later, there were no carrots on your plate, yet your mouth was empty. "Mom!" you yelled, ready to ask for nachos... I cut in, "Where's your carrots?" "Under me!" you exclaimed proudly! At least you're honest.
The other day you ran to the mudroom and rang the doorbell that is just inside the door there. Then your face lit up and you turned to me and said, "Someone's here!" You wanted to run to the front door to open it, but I stopped you. Then you proceeded to repeat that five or six more times.
We were having a modge-podge lunch the other day: clementines, crackers, cheese, pretzels, carrots...
You put a saltine down on your plate, then a pretzel, then covered it with cheese. Then in a stern voice you yelled, "BE QUIET! PRETZEL SLEEPING!" A moment later you whipped off the cheese and pronouced, "Pretzel wake-up!"
You've got a particular routine you follow to a "T" when you go to sleep. It goes more or less like this:
Jammies, family prayer, slide down the stairs SUPER fast, possibly slide down two or three more times (or until I make you go in your room (I have a video of this I need to include), say your prayers (I love that even if it's nap time- you won't skip this step!) climb in bed, make sure your favorite pillow is on TOP, locate fish, bear, and doggy, insist on BOTH of your blankets covering you AND your toes, find sippy cup, drink from sippy, ask for more water (even if its practically full), say "Oh!" when I tell you that you already HAVE water, ask me to turn on "Alexander's Amazing Adventures," sing along, ask me to sleep by you, ask me to turn up the music, insist the music be even louder, I finish snuggling with you and you say, "tickle me!" I comply. I turn off the light and say, "Stay in Bed. Love you!" You shout back. "I won't! Love you!" You usually stay in bed, despite your declaration otherwise.
Funny boy.
When you wake up- be it after nap or in the morning you loiter downstairs, sometimes kicking your wall, sometimes climbing in someone else's bed. Eventually you pitter-patter upstairs and find dad or I and exclaim, "I wake up! Sleep good!" I love it! Sometimes in the morning you will come snuggle by me. It doesn't last very long.
Love you, my sweet, stubborn, rambunctious two-year-old.
1 comment:
Loved this.
Post a Comment