Friday, August 16, 2013

Happy Due Date to Me and the Kid.

It's here!  The Kid's due date!  And I am EVER so happy that he is already here and that I am not still pregnant.

Me at 37 weeks.  Ready to head to the hospital.  I can't believe I was holding him 12 hours later! 
Some people really enjoy being pregnant.  I enjoy some aspects of being pregnant:  how it feels to feel a tiny little life inside of you wiggling and kicking.  That is my favorite.  Baby hiccups.  Feeling slightly less guilty about wanting to eat everything you see. 
And I can't complain about how I felt this time around- really, pretty awesome.  Less being sick, less feeling huge, less constant kicks in the ribs.  Pretty awesome.
But towards the end of my pregnancy I get ansy.  Terribly, terribly, ancy-wanting-to-pace, and sick of waiting!!  I want this baby here!!  So three weeks early, healthy, and smaller was the pefect combination for me!   I think King is equally glad I am not still pregnant- and he doesn't have to hear from me about how I WISH THE BABY WERE HERE! 

Granted, we have no shortage of other baby-related issues going on 'round here.
The first being sleep.  Hello, newborn.  I was aware of this four-months-of-no-solid-sleep hiccup coming in to this.  It just knocks me off my feet.  Every time.
The amount of landry and septupled since the Kid arrived.  I forgot how much laundry newborns create.  This kid is our CHAMPION at wetting through diapers and soaking not only him, his clothes, and his blanket, but whoever is holding him as well.  

Millaker is OBSESSED with getting things for baby.  His blanket.  His binki.  The stuffed monkey.  Her toys.  Oddly, she seems to want to give him these things only when he's sleeping. Lucky him.  She really is quite loving and squeals in delight when she sees him.  Just a tad too helpful for a not yet two-year-old. Yesterday I had just put him in the bassinet, sound asleep mind you, and went to help another child when she decided he needed to pick him up.  Good thing it was only about eight inches to the floor.  As I said, lucky kid.

Eddie has a similiar obsession as Millaker, juts in a milder form.  She has to sit in time-out when she wakes him from a nap because she-could-not-wait! to touch him!  Oh dear...this child has sleep issues on his own.  (Newborn, remember?)  He may never, ever resolve them if his siblings keep waking him up once he IS asleep.
Maybe by Christmas...


The kids are adjusting fairly well. They are getting better at coming to me, not having me come running when they call.  They are "in-training" at solving things themselves because mom is nursing and can't come mediate.   I wonder how long training takes?
There are plenty of funny moments and we field a plethora of awkward yet hilarious questions as the kids relearn about their bodies and tiny babies. 
Eddie today tried to hide a baby blanket and the beloved stuffed monkey under her shirt as she attempted to sneak them outside.  I think she was baffled by how on earth I knew she was trying to sneak toys past me.  It hasn't caught on that just because my tummy was once huge and now is shrinking, hers isn't and won't be in that state and I notice such dramatic stomach changes and can accurately account for them.  (Did that sentence make sense?  It was a doozy.) 

Guy is anxious to start school in just over a week. 
We've been having school time every some days.  Here he got out his new Angry Birds PJ's from Grandma and drew the "Angry Birds Yoda."  Not bad, Picasso!  I can't wait to see how he does in school.  I think he'll love it!  He loves learning, and I think his mind will just SOAK it all in.  He's bound to be smarter than I am before he's seven. 
We find out TODAY whether he is in AM or PM kindergarten.  I'm not sure why we had to wait THIS long to find that out... but oh well.  We're dealing with it.  Once 3:30 hits and we have THAT knowledge, we can finally finalize Joy School plans, home routines, etc.  The OCD/planning side of me is going crazy in anticipation.  Really, could you not have told us this months ago?!

Our house is in a fairly constant state of disarray.  For those of you know me- it's driving me crazy.  I'm trying to heed King's wonderful advice and ignore it and just enjoy the state I'm in right now.  It's hard.  I didn't get to the vacuuming until 7:10 last night (after kiddos were in bed and King was holding the Kid).  King had a meeting here at 7:15... I wasn't quite done.  Oh, well.  It looks a bit better.  If I took a picture of my back patio right now you'd laugh.  Besides the numerous chalk drawings all over the cement, there's two bikes, a trike, two baby bikes, a scooter, a table, six chairs, two kids tables, two kids chairs, and sand... not to mention the weeds beyond that.  That is an area I'm just going to have to let go of right now.   King has been mowing fairly regularly, but he's also taken over the lions share of my responsibilities.  OH! He's been a help!  He helps with the kids, meals, holds the Kid, reads the kids stories and plays with them (since mom is REALLY, no fun right now), tries to get the Kid to sleep while I crash at night, changes diapers, goes into work late so I can get a few more minutes of sleep before starting the day, comes home early to rescue me (or the kids FROM me) ... he has been MARVELOUS!  Weeding just doesn't fit in our schedule at the moment.  Our Bishop and his kids came over and weeded our yard for several hours the day we were headed to the hospital.  Either our lack of yard work this summer is painfully obvious, or he's had enough kids to know that a pregnant woman cringes at the thought of bending over to weed during the hot summer.  Probably both.  The help was WONDERFUL! And I am trying to keep on top of it.  Unsuccessfully.  Besides sleep, its probably the most out-of-control aspect in my life right now.  I keep telling me that everything has a season... and this season is not titled, "yard-work."  Next summer.  Next summer. 

I could go on, but duty calls.  It's lunch time and I have yet to prepare our gormet raman! It's our celebratory lunch (remember- happy due date!) complete with chocolate chips for dessert.  It's special because it's not PB&J- which is our go-to meal right now. Really, the kids couldn't be happier.  Besides, the babe is stirring, and if I don't hurry, I'll be prepping lunch one handed. :D 
Over and out.  Till next time.

No comments: