Sunday, July 14, 2013

The long and the short of everyday life

Summer is in full swing.
It's hot.  Too hot for my liking, but the kids don't seem to mind.  We've already gone camping twice, gone for a ride on the Heber Creeper, to a family reunion (sort of... guy was sick for the whole thing...), played and played and played with cousins, had several game nights with family and friends, gone hiking a few times, made bread, cookies, and eaten otter pops, kids have played in the sprinklers and danced in the rain (somewhat to my chagrin).  It's officially summer. 
It's getting harder to get our oldest to fall asleep at his regular bedtime (7pm) since its so light out.  Most days he's worn himself out and falls asleep quickly.  Other times I realize he's awake an hour or more after he was tucked in.  I, myself, find it hard to sleep the whole night between the heat, charlie horses, and a squirming baby inside.  Though he has truly been my calmest baby, we're hitting the point where 1) I can't wait to meet him and 2) to sleep when he does!  Speaking of baby, we've had some eventful dr. visits.  Moreso than any of our other children.  My OB did several extra ultrasounds over the course of various visits and was concerned about my fluid levels and that this baby looked small.  After sending us to a perinatologist (aka a really expensive ultrasound and a consultation with a specialized baby dr) they agreed that yes, my fluid was low, but the baby actually looks BIG.  Hmm.  We'll see who is right on their measuring when he comes.  We're now doing twice-weekly visits featuring ultrasounds and non-stress tests to watch fluid levels.  My prediction?  That he will be somewhat like my first two babies and that at one of these appointments they'll announce I'm out and I'm having the baby that day.  Since King is in love with surprises (sarcasm), I'm sure we'll love that surprise one of these visits.  Really, I wish I could/would just go into labor on my own, but that isn't looking probable at this rate.
Other highlights of the summer include weddings!  Lots and lots of weddings.  One close friend, one sibling, and one cousin are all set to be married (or recently have been) before this baby comes.  The summer also marks King's and my anniverserary!  Seven years folks!  Seven years!  Random studies say that those who make it through seven years have a significantly decreased chance of becoming divorced.  While that was never in the plans, I guess we can party even more now that the "hardest" part is over.  Really, it hasn't been that hard.  Adjustments? Sure.  Hard?  Hardly.
The oldest two keep coming up with witty and hilarious things to say, but my prego mind can't remember them, and I haven't clued in and started writing them down as they come.  One of these days...
Millaker's vocabulary is increasing by leaps and bounds.  That doesn't mean that her words sound very different or that we understand all she is saying, but she IS attempting words and jabbers like a bird at times.  She still thinks she rules the roost and lets ANYONE know when they are NOT doing what she would like.  We're working on that...
Other than that- life is ... well, life.  It is good.  We are doing great.  We've got a countdown chain (by number of weeks!) till this baby comes and its getting might short.  You'll most likely hear more from us then.
Over and out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All very fun stuff!