Monday, October 1, 2012

Things that make me smile

My children are finding new ways of being cute and ever so funny these days.  For example:
 
Eddie likes to choose her outfits.  It comes with being two I suppose.  The other morning she pulled on her baby sister's shirt (albeit a tad big for Millaker) and a turtleneck of hers.  She thought the turtleneck was a dress... with a tail.  No matter how much we explained there was no changing her mind.  This WAS a dress and it DID have a tail.  She liked it that way I guess.  I wish we could have gotten a better picture.  It was darling.

Today Guy had a few playmates over as we had two kid-swaps going on simultaneously.  I was listening from the kitchen when I heard! 
Friend 1: Why did you turn off the lights?
Friend 2: Because its dark in space.  There's no lights.
Guy: Yes there is!  There's the sun!!
Pause...and change of subject.
Friend 1: The enemy!  He's northwest!
Guy: No! He's SOUTH west!

What?  Since when was he smart enough to figure out the sunshine could light space, and since when does he know directions - particularly Southwest? 

Millaker has decided to join the entertainment business.  Every meal she sits in her chair and claps until she has her siblings (and parents) joining in!  Ignoring her and continuing to eat doesn't phase her.  She keeps right on going- staring you down- until you comply.   She also shakes her head "no" before and during almost every bite and makes Guy giggle till he's choking on his own breakfast.  From looking at him, you'd think she was the next Bob Hope.  It might make meals a tad trickier, but they are far more interesting and cheerful! 

Not to be forgotten, she's found her first crush... the bishop.  Now our girl is by no means shy, but when we're around she'll usually go to someone for a hug and then come right back.  Not with the bishop.  TWICE, yesterday, when she saw him, she leaned out of our arms to go to him- once planting a big, fat, open-mouthed kiss on his head.  I'm glad he's kind- her own uncle would have had a sour face at that one! 

If these don't sound terribly funny to you- trust me, you had to be there.

No comments: