Monday, June 25, 2012

Favorite camping quotes.

Though most of these come from my children (they're all from nieces and nephews), the quotes were too hilarious not to post.

#1: Our niece (as her dad was walking her to their tent to get put to bed for the night): Dad, I'm nocturnal!
Nice try!

#2: Our nephew to me: Look at my loose tooth! pointing to a very loose and wiggly front tooth. I already lost this one! pointing to a gap neighboring the loose one. 

Me: Oh, that's neat.
Nephew:  Did you know that girl teeth are rarer than boy teeth?
come again?
Me: And how do you know that?
Nephew:  Well, a friend of mine lost this tooth pointing to his gap in his front teeth and the tooth fairy gave her FIVE DOLLARS for her tooth!!
got it.  Smart kid.  Later I found out that was his dad's explanation to him as to why the Tooth Fairy was much cheaper when paying him.  He didn't think of the idea on his own- but that makes it no less funny.

 #3:  King and I were deliberating whether or not to take the kid backpack (I forget the real name- you know- the one you put the child in and then strap them to your back. Keldy Kid? Kelty Kid? Something like that.  I digress...).  We were only going to be hiking a short hike- or so we thought- so King decided Eddie would probably enjoy walking and he probably wouldn't have to carry her much.  I already had Millaker strapped to my front in the Ergo- so in the end it was his call.
Wrong call.
Roughly 100 yards down the road- just as we have rounded the bend and are out of sight of the cars- Eddie asks to be carried.
"It's too hard, Daddy!!"  
Thinking it would be a short break, King complied.
We ended up hiking over four miles.
I think he carried her over 95% of the time.
Every hike thereafter she repeated the same line.  She has got her daddy wrapped around her finger. She was carried most of the hikes.

No comments: