Rather than title this, "Things I don't want to forget part 2 kabillion..." We'll leave that part blank for now.
But here I go again.... with things I hope I remember someday.
First Lady.
THAT GIRL IS AN EATER! This morning she ate 2 1/2 pieces of chip-beef-on-toast which was more than brother OR king ate (I ate more....). Immediately after she reached up to pull the diaper bag off its high perch. Yes, she's strong enough. She just leans back and pulls that monster down. She instantly started rummaging through it until she found the raisins. Not just the little box of raisins, the huge, 100 0z (?) bag from Costco. Alas, there were only 4 left. That's right folks. She's almost single handedly eaten them ALL. At this point she was in tears. She can't possibly still be hungry right? She's only what? 16 months? She'll be eating us out of house in home by two.
On a slightly different note. We're trying to break her finger-sucking habit. It went from only sucking on them when she was tired or upset, to a 24-7 ordeal. So we started putting long socks on her arms. At first we only needed one, now she switches hands and sucks on the other fingers. So now she's a two socked girl. People keep asking what happened to her, and I guess it does look a bit like gauze or a wrap over a cast. All in all, I don't think its working. At times she sucks on the socks, and the SECOND those babies come off (like at meal-times) the fingers go IN! Argh. Ideas anyone?
As for brother- we've got a classic we might retell to his children some day.
I was sitting up on the stand, playing the organ in church on Sunday and King was sitting down with the kids. As this happens every other week, brother often scoots to the bench in front of us to sit with an elderly couple he calls grandma and grandpa. It's pretty cute. They love him, he loves them, he minds them very well, and King only has to wrestle one child while I'm playing the organ. Win-win.
Anyhow, last Sunday a single mother with a young baby came and sat on the same row as the elderly couple. Not long after she'd taken a seat with her baby, Brother pointed to her chest and said, "Those are for babies." I guess the young mother stammered a reply like, "Um... yes." Obviously shocked and confused. But brother persevered to make it all the more awkward. "They drink milk! Slurp Slurp Slurp!" Mind you, this is in the middle of quiet sacrament meeting. King looked away with a straight face and pretended he hadn't heard- apparently absorbed in the speaker. The elderly couple were CRACKING UP, and the young mother was staring at him in disbelief. I hope she comes back to church.
King asked me that night if we talk about that subject often.... um, no. I don't know where he gets these things...
2 comments:
Hah! I love the story with Brother. So funny! Your kids are adorable.
Ella eats like that too! She eats more than I do at just about any meal. My mom thinks it's because she doesn't drink milk at all... does sister?
Post a Comment