... and for the first time since I was five... it has absolutely zero impact on me. Well, not quite. I tossed and turned all night dreaming they didn't have a 6th grade teacher and had to call me in last minute. I had ADULTS in my class mixed in with kids who were throwing bouncy balls around the room and couldn't even multiply. I was taking recess away from them already because they were TERRIBLE! I was happy to wake up for once.
In all honesty, I am feeling a little blue. I miss feeling like I really accomplished something or contributed in some way. I was reading my friend's blog and she mentioned how some days she feels down because she sees the cool crafts others do and wonders why she isn't that way. I could completely relate!! I keep thinking I need a hobby. Sewing? Cooking? Scapbooking? Not for me. So, StoneMason and I have fun on our own... just in a boring way. And my desperate need to do SOMETHING has been filled in an unexpected way. A lady in my ward has a friend who needs some help cleaning and taking care of her 4 year old three mornings a week. It's not too long, and it pays, but most of all, it gets me out of the house!! Yeah! I start today. I hope its a good substitution for teaching.... or else the nightmares of run-amuck 6th graders/adults might persist.
6 comments:
Hey Christy! SO this is how I totally felt when I didn't do the student teaching. Don't worry, it gets better but man do I have those days where I wish I could just be in front of a class room.
But hopefully taking care of that 4 year old will help. If you ever need to talk, give me a call. 702-469-1003
She's right, Christy. It's really hard when you have to make an adjustment like that. I know I really had to shift my mindset when I moved to NC and I was only at home with Bradley. I loved him to death (and still do), but I had to figure out how to add more into my life. Good luck on your quest. I hope this new gig helps! Love you!
I often come home and wish I had made the kind of difference Emily makes.
Christy you are welcome to come visit me any day. I know that junior high kids aren't nearly as cute as elementary kids, but some of the seventh graders are pretty close. I'm sure we even have teachers at our school who would let you borrow their classes once in awhile.:)
I wanted to give you my blog address but somehow deleted my comment, oops. Anyway, it's happy-hardings.blogspot.
Post a Comment